The Borderland 2017
You must login to pre-register for this lottery.
(IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you register you will be sent a verification email with a link to set your account password. Please follow the instructions on that email, return to this page, and log in once completed. For expedited account creation, we recommend you use the Facebook button provided above.)
LOTTERY REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!
If you have questions about the lottery process, please read the FAQ
The Borderland 2017
Dates: July 24-30 2017, Boesedal Kalkbrud, Denmark
The Borderland is a participatory festival, a collaborative community for prototyping dreams.
Once again we venture forth towards distant lands, on the border between dreams and reality.
What is it that separates dream from reality?
Can you define the thin line that split the two?
What does that border consist of?
Every day we live our lives without fulfilling our dreams, we enforce that border, grow the distance between the two. We make the real more real and the dream more of a dream.
The purpose of The Borderland is to shorten that distance. The distance between dream and reality. It is a place where neither exist, and both exist. At the same time.
Dream and reality, coming together. In the Borderland between the two.
The Borderland is a participatory community where we co-create events and gatherings as prototypes for our dreams. It is an empty container, open to your initiative. It is an invitation to play, to reflect, and to engage.
In July 24-30 2017, The Borderland community will gather in Boesdal limestone quarry, south of Copenhagen, Denmark. It is a festival, where all the organization and all creative content is created by the participants themselves. The event is for co-creators only, and not open to spectators.
However, you are more than welcome to join us as a part of our community. To become a co-creator is a commitment to yourself and the community, and you are expected to actively contribute in order to create the Borderland that you dream of. This page is the starting point in your journey to become a member.
If you have any question please ask in our Facebook Group.
Sun, Feb 5, 18.00, CET (Swedish/Danish time) – Profile registration and lottery signup opens.
Sun, Feb 12, 18.00, CET (Swedish/Danish time) – Lottery signup ends.
Wed, Feb 15, 18.00, CET (Swedish/Danish time) – The lottery starts.
This means you have one week to sign up if you want to be a part of the membership lottery.
- Everyone interested in going to The Borderland will have to register a member profile on Burner Tickets. Profile registration starts at: Sunday Feb 5, 18.00 CET.
- To register a profile, each person has to go through a survey, to answer questions about their participation in the event.
- Any profile registered before Sunday Feb 12, 18.00 CET (one week later) will automatically be entered into the membership lottery.
- On Wednesday Feb 15, 18.00 CET, the lottery will start by randomly placing everyone in a queue. You will get an email with a link where you can check your current place in the queue.
- The system will start sending out invite emails, starting at the top of the list.
- When you get your invite email, you will have 48 hours to click the link and complete your payment, or the opportunity will be passed on to the next person in line.
- Every invite will have the opportunity to confirm and pay for yourself, and one additional co-creators. However, that person need to have a registered profile that have not already been confirmed and paid for. You will need the email to your friend’s profile to be able to pay for them.
- The lottery will progress until 1500 memberships have been confirmed and paid.
By registering as a co-creator, you agree to:
- Actively contribute in the creation of the event. Note that this is a weeklong event and that all co-creators are expected to participate in both build-up and strike.
- The Event Participation Agreement.
- Read the Survival Guide.
- Join the Facebook group to get updates and communications related to the event.
- Join Slack, the main tool used for internal communication before and during the event.
- Take responsibility for everything regarding your own participation. Including for example: transportation, food, water & hygiene.
- Read, understand and follow the 10 principles.
- To Leave No Trace!
- That you are over age 18. Any participants under age 18 must be registered and accompanied by their legal guardians.
- Access to the press, etc. is not allowed. By attending the Borderland, you accept our agreement for use of images. Everyone with a camera should read this carefully.
- Provide your real name, email, phone number, address when registering. This could be made available to other members.
- Upload any dreams or activities you feel like sharing to http://dreams.theborderland.se
- If you are new to the Borderland, you are encouraged to take a shift in a civics function such as the Port, Clown Police, Sanctuary, etc.